Rapid Ply Cutting
Rapid Ply Cutting & Kitting is where our manufacturing process begins. Across Qarbon Aerospace, we have dedicated RPC areas with industry preferred cutting tables with bed sizes up to 6’x 60’. All sites utilize Dynamic Nesting for optimal material utilization.
Red Oak, TX
- 4 CNC Rapid Ply Cutting centers; Work Envelope: 72” x 60’
- 9 CNC Rapid Ply Cutting centers; Work Envelope: 72” x 60’
- 3 CNC Rapid Ply Cutting centers; Work Envelope: 72” x 60’
Automated Layup Machine
Qarbon Aerospace continues our culture of investment in industry leading technologies with automated lay-up systems. This allows us to support the industries most complex composite shapes as well as scale our ability to meet higher volume build rates while addressing cost pressures.
Red Oak, TX
- Large Contour Tape Layer: 6” and 12” tape capable; Envelope: X (245”), Y (210”), Z(48”)
- Flat Tape Layer: 6” and 12” tape capable; Envelope: 5’ x 40’
- Automated Stinger Layup Machine: Includes NC profile trim
- Accudyne Automated Laminator for straight part manufacturing
- Accudyne Automated Forming Cell for curved part manufacturing
- (2) 8-axis Fiber-tow Placement, up-to (32) tow system capable of manufacturing parts up to 15’ diameter
- Same Qualified Resin Transfer Molding (SQRTM) system, capable of producing complex shapes with an envelope of 11 ft. by 4.5 ft and temperatures up to 400°F with pressure up to 200 PSI.
Redundancy in our curing centers is critical in maintaining a reliably predictable workflow across all sites. We utilize both remotely monitored Autoclaves and high-temperature Ovens for composite curing, depending on Customer requirements.
Red Oak, TX
- Autoclaves: (4) Autoclaves with size range up to 15 ft. diameter x 60 ft. long, Temperature ranges up to 800°F (2500 psi), Dedicated vacuum source
- Ovens: (4) Global Finishing Paint and Cure Ovens
- Autoclaves: (6) Autoclaves with size range up to 15 ft. diameter and 65 ft. long, Temperature ranges up to 800°F (200 psi), Dedicated vacuum source
- Ovens: (4) Curing Ovens with size ranges up to 28.5 ft. x 20 ft., Temperature ranges up-to 650°F
- Autoclaves: (8) Autoclaves with size ranges up to 4.0m x 10m (13 ft. diameter x 33 ft. long), Temperature ranges up to 300° C (10 bar)
- Ovens: (6) Curing Ovens with sizes up to 4m x 3m, Temperature range up to 260°C or 500°F
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
Qarbon Aerospace utilizes a wide array of state-of-the-art NDT equipment supporting all customer requirements in-house led by our team of certified NDT Level III personnel.
Red Oak, TX
- Genesis Robotic NDT System: Linear Phased Array, 62 ft. by 13 ft. of travel
- 4 Channel Ultrasonic Inspection (UT): 23 ft. by 6 ft. of travel
- 8-axis Dual-channel Non-immersion UT System: 20 ft. by 5 ft. of travel
- Argus high speed TTU Robotic Scanning System: 20 ft. by 12 ft. of travel
- Argus high speed TTU Robotic Scanning System: Scan Size: 35’ x 15’ x 10’
- GE HydraStar 10-axis dual Robotic TTU: Scan Size: 19’ x 10’ x 10’
- GE NuScan 11-axis Gantry TTU: Scan Size: 40’ x 20’ x 10
- (7) Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks: Scan Size: 32’ x 11’ x 5’
- Phased Array, Complex Contour capable
- X-Ray (Digital real-time): Booth Size: 45’ x 15’
- Customer “2-MIC” acoustic attenuation test system
- 10-axis TTU and Pulse Echo: Scan Size: 4.8m x 0.9m x 1.5m
- TTU Flatbed Scanner : Scan Size: 2.5m x 3.5m
- (16) Ultrasonic Transducers
- (3) Manual A-scan systems
- Manual Phased Array
NC Trim & Drill
Qarbon Aerospace is well equipped with a range of modern 3-, 4-, and 5-Axis NC Trim & Drill cells that incorporate strong internal capability and available capacity. The machine portfolio includes an expansive array of working envelops (up to 80-feet) while integrating key features, such as, configurable holding fixtures, OEE Monitoring, and CMM probe systems. This enables the business to manufacture a variety of components ranging from small, flat details to very large, complex contour assemblies at precise tolerances that are sure to meet our customer’s needs.
Red Oak, TX
- Fives 5-axis trim & drill cell: Bed Size: 80’ x 20’ x 8’, .005 tolerance capable
- PAR System 5-axis trim & drill cell: Bed Size: 40’ x 12’ x 8’
- Makino MAG3EX 5-axis high-speed composites cell: Bed Size: 13’ x 5’ x 3’
- Makino A99 5-axis high-speed machine: Bed Size: 3’ x 3’ x 3’
- 4-axis NC close tolerance profiler
- 3-axis KOMO NC high-speed router: Bed Size: 6’ x 12’x 1’
- Water Jet w/ universal holding fixture: Bed Size: 40’ x 18’ x 5’
- Shoda 5-axis w/ configurable ‘POGO’ bed: Bed Size: 44’ x 11’ x 7’
- (3) Belotti 5-axis trim & drill cell: Bed Size: 30’ x 12’ x 7’
- (2) DMS 5-axis trim & drill cell: Bed Size: 10’ x 13’ x 4’
- Thermwood 5-axis dedicated Core machining center: Bed Size: 6’ x 20’ x 3’
- (3) 5-axis trim & drill cells: Bed Size: 2.6m x 5.4m
- 5-axis dedicated Core machining center: Bed Size: 3.0m x 1.5m
Paint and Finish
With over 50,000 sq. ft. of temperature and humidity-controlled paint and sanding areas, Qarbon Aerospace is capitalized to support all types of primers and top coatings
Qarbon Aerospace has the capabilities to solve the market’s toughest challenges with Quality Assured. With more than 100 years of experience, we build quality into every fiber, letting your ideas take flight.
QA is more than a supplier – we’re a partner. We work with our customers to execute the best manufacturing solutions for their projects and elevating their ideas to take flight with velocity. Contact us to learn more.